An inspired hybrid of fabric shades and horizontal blinds, BMD Layered Shades offer the ultimate flexibility in light control. Stripes of sheer fabric are parallel to tightly woven solid fabric. Sometimes referred to as Banded Shades or Zebra Shades, when opened or closed, the layers elegantly shift to provide light filtering or lightblocking. The sheer fabric protects furniture, flooring, and artwork from damaging UV rays, while the solid fabric stripes filter or block the light. Layered shades ensure a modern and minimal design with maximum impact.
FEATURES THAT MAXIMIZE YOUR PRODUCT CUSTOMIZATION
- Exclusive new prints, patterns, and textures, including shiny metallics for subtle flair.
- Expanded band sizes now available in small, large, and extra-large, for enhanced light control—and better views.
- Antistatic finish for improved quality, particularly when paired with motorized lift.
- BMD Layered Shades fit more windows than any other brand with the best sizing in the industry—plus, we require the smallest minimum depth for inside mounts.
- No visible seams to disrupt the pattern or panorama beyond the window.
- Thoughtful finishing touches—such as standard, fabric-wrapped cassette valances on every shade—for a sleek, upgraded look.
- Three opacity levels to meet all needs.
- A limited lifetime warranty for years of worry-free performance.
- Layered Shades are sometimes referred to as Zebra Shades or Banded Shades - but they are all the same.